Want to learn more? Read the Case Study about Versent’s work with Service NSW.
Services | Managed Security Services
Cybersecurity is an ever-present critical topic and point of concern for many CIOs, CISOs, and their customers. To meet these important concerns, VMS (Versent Managed Services) has developed a security assessment framework mapped directly to AWS security best practice and the AWS native set of services customers. This can be delivered in isolation or as an extension to an Amazon Well Architected Review.
Amazon GuardDuty, AWS Security Hub, AWS Config, AWS Inspector and more help customers maintain a strong security posture over their AWS accounts, but only when configured and supported correctly. As more organisations deploy to the cloud, especially if they are doing so quickly, many have not yet implemented the base AWS Security Services or may not have implemented these in line with AWS recommendations. Versent will determine precisely which services are required and include consideration of any existing investments in alternate specialist security tooling.
As part of completing this security assessment Versent Managed Services will:
- Perform a high-level assessment of the current state of technology, processes and capability within the AWS Operational landscape.
- Understand the Security Requirements and Objectives and how these align to the deployed services.
- Review Documentation and conduct workshops with key stakeholders regarding architecture, incident response approach, current controls, and configurations.
- Identify gaps related to workload security and other areas that may need to be filled.
- Incorporate consideration of any existing investments in approaches and tooling that can be leveraged.
- Develop a Security Operations blueprint, including patterns, new processes or technologies and a roadmap to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Where relevant, outline how a “layered” operational model where existing Security Operations teams can be most effectively integrated into the end-to-end model.
- Versent will look to facilitate these outcomes through a mixture of onsite & remote workshops, contextual interviews, documentation review and analysis.
ONGOING MANAGED SERVICES
The Versent approach is to provide a set of specialist ongoing security capabilities that can be delivered in isolation, tightly integrated with existing operational services or to augment existing Security Operations teams.
Services are aligned to the capabilities under the Amazon Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Programme:
- Vulnerability Management
- Best Practice Configuration and Compliance
- Threat Detection and Response
- Network Security
- Host and Endpoint Security
- Application Security
Interested in talking to our team of Security professionals?
Chat to one of our specialists today.