Services | AWS Outposts
Why AWS Outposts?
AWS Outposts was made available globally on December 4, 2019. Outposts is a new, fully-managed service that extends AWS infrastructure, AWS services, APIs and tools to virtually any customer data centre, co-location space or on-premises facility for a truly consistent hybrid cloud experience.
Versent was chosen as a global AWS Outposts launch partner for its expertise in migrating complex workloads to run on AWS.
Who will benefit from AWS Outposts?
Outposts is ideal for a variety of businesses.
- With latency sensitive applications, too far from a standard AWS region
- That need data sovereignty in a state area or in their physical control
- That have a need for more AI / ML / GPU based processing with immediate response (for example real-time image recognition)
- That have local data processing or data storage needs
AWS Outposts can help with all of these use cases – and more – and is available now in Australia and Singapore. Outposts solves some of our unique issues related to distance, communications networks limitations and our infrastructure growth programs across the nation.
AWS Outposts will:
- Simplify your IT with fully managed infrastructure
- Improve IT efficiency and responsiveness to the needs of your business
- Amplify developer productivity with the same popular AWS API, console, tools and broad ecosystem of partner solutions
- Accelerate your pace of business innovation
Which AWS services can you run on Outposts?
You can now run a range of AWS Compute & Storage, Networking, Database, Containers and data processing services on Outposts.
- Compute & Storage — Amazon EC2 instances and EBS volumes
- Networking — Amazon VPC
- Database — Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Containers — Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) & Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS)
- Data Processing — Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
How does AWS outposts work?
Need to be on-premise? You can still experience the benefits of AWS.
Chat to one of our Cloud specialists about how your organisation can leverage Outposts.